Are you hunting for some general knowledge questions that are suitable for children? Well look no further…
We’ve put together 100 questions and answers that are aimed at children.
It’s certainly a help whether you want to keep them entertained for a while – or if you’re putting together a family quiz night and are looking for questions that the younger team members will find appropriate.
Our questions cover topics they’ll be taught in school – from science and geography to history and language. We’ve also thrown in some pop culture too – from Disney and Harry Potter to Fortnite.
You will find the answers below, so no scrolling down and cheating in advance.
100 general knowledge quiz questions for children
1. In which city were the first modern Olympics held?
2. Name the Disney movie that feature a little girl with five distinct emotions – Sadness, Joy, Disgust, Fear and Anger?
3. What kind of animal is Sid in Ice Age?
4. What is the height of a basketball hoop in feet?
5. In the hit teen film trilogy, Pitch Perfect, what is the name of the all-girls a cappella group who are from Barden University?
6. Which company developed the popular online video game called Fortnite?
7. How many studio albums has Stormzy released?
8. What is Ed Sheeran’s most popular song?
9. Name the actor who plays Max Mayfield in the hit Netflix original series, Stranger Things?
10. In what year did the Titanic sink?
11. Who was the famous Prime Minister who led Britain through World War Two?
12. In what year was slavery abolished in the USA?
13. The beginning of the second world war called for new and better ideas to ensure victory over the enemy forces. But which famous aeronautical engineer from Stoke-on-Trent created the crucial Supermarine Spitfire?
14. What does the abbreviation MEDC stand for when referring to a country and their level of development?
15. What is the geographical term used to describe the wearing away of rock by water?
16. Which country is the second largest in the world, China or Canada?
17. The most landlocked country in the world neighbours many countries, two of which are China and Russia and it begins with a K. Which country is it?
18. A meteorologist studies what?
19. 1989 is an album belonging to which female pop singer?
20. Which layer protects our Earth from harmful rays?
21. Name the three states of matter.
22. There are four layers to our planet, the inner core, outer core and the two outer most layers. What are they called?
23. What is the scientific name for the collarbone?
24. How many planets are there in our Solar System?
25. What is the birthstone of the month September? Is it Sapphire, Garnet or Topaz?
26. How many of Henry VIII’s wives survived?
27. Peter Crouch played for Stoke City and at many other clubs, but what position did he play on the team?
28. What is the formula used to work out the area of a rectangle?
29. The man who is credited with the discovery of penicillin has the last name of Fleming, but what is his first name?
30. What do angles on a straight line always add up to?
31. The Big Bang Theory is the theory of what?
32. Who was the first man to land on the moon?
33. How many dwarves are there in Snow White?
34. What is the name of the female villain in 101 Dalmatians?
35. What are the three main types of flour?
36. Crème Brûlée is a cold dessert featuring which vanilla flavoured liquid that is often poured over puddings?
37. Tiramisu is a cold layered dessert, but what flavour is it?
38. What is the name of the largest rainforest in the world?
39. True or false, a woman has never walked on the surface of the moon?
40. Paris is the capital of France and is known as the city of what?
41. Where was pizza invented?
42. Which is the more nutritious vegetable, carrot or spinach?
43. What are the numbers eight, nine and ten in French?
44. A cockerpoo is a cross between which dog breeds?
45. What is the average life expectancy of a cat? 7 – 10 years, 10 – 16 years or 13 – 20 years?
46. What is a baby horse called?
47. Minecraft is a video game and app which contains various types of monsters. But which monsters are slow-moving and die in sunlight?
48. What is the male main character’s name in the film trilogy Home Alone?
49. Which female actress won I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here in 2019?
50. Which pianist won Britain’s Got Talent in 2017?
51. What part of a cell controls its activity?
52. What was the name of the plague that struck Europe and Asia in the mid 1300s?
53. What is the name of the atmospheric effect that causes global warming?
54. What is the largest country in the world?
55. Who plays Eleven in the Netflix show Stranger Things?
56. How many of Henry VIII’s wives were called Anne?
57. What is the name of the artist who sung the 2010 song Firework?
58. How many athletic events does a decathlon contain?
59. What is the name of the ocean that separates the USA from the UK?
60. How many degrees are there in a circle?
61. Who is credited with forming the theory of relativity?
62. What is the largest mammal in the world?
63. What is the scale used to measure the intensity of a hurricane?
64. Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first version of what to the Russian chemical society?
65. In what year did the Battle of Hastings take place?
66. Where in America is the White House located?
67. Arachnophobia is the fear of what?
68. Where was the 2016 Olympics held?
69. Which metal has the chemical symbol?
70. Which is the only letter in scrabble to have the value of five points?
71. What is the largest planet in our solar system?
72. What piece of equipment measures Earthquakes?
73. Which is the largest continent on the Earth in terms of both land mass and population?
74. Who hosts The Chase?
75. In what TV show is life turned upside down after the mysterious death of Jason Blossom?
76. Who won Britain’s Got Talent in 2019?
77. In what year was the EU referendum?
78. Which country in the world has the biggest population?
79. Who is known for singing the song 7 rings?
80. What is the capital city of Spain?
81. What country did Christmas trees originate from?
82. In World War Two where did the Allies attack the Germans on D-Day?
83. Do particles in a solid vibrate? Yes or no?
84. What is the name for energy of movement?
85. What is the force that keeps planets in orbit around the sun?
86. How many teeth does the average adult have?
87. Where in the body is digested food absorbed into the bloodstream?
88. Who plays the role of Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games?
89. In what state in the USA is Hollywood?
90. What side of the road do people drive on in France?
91. What is the largest land mammal?
92. What is the longest river in the world?
93. What type of creature is a snake?
94. In what year did World War One start?
95. How many states are there in the USA?
96. The molecule of DNA is described as having what shape?
97. In the Harry Potter series, what name did Ron Weasley give to his pet rat?
98. What is the capital of Australia?
99. How many sides does a hexagon have?
100. The Great Barrier Reef is located in which country?
100 general knowledge quiz questions for children – answers!
1. Athens, Greece
2. Inside out
3. A sloth
4. 10 feet
5. The Barden Bellas
6. Epic Games
7. Two studio albums
8. Perfect – released in 2017
9. Sadie Sink
11. Winston Churchill
13. Reginald Mitchell
14. More Economically Developed Country
19. Taylor Swift
21. Solid, liquid and gas
22. Mantle and crust
24. Eight planets
26. One – Catherine Parr
28. Base x height
30. 180 degrees
31. The theory of how the universe was created
32. Neil Armstrong
34. Cruella Deville
35. Plain flour, Self-raising flour and Bread Flour
38. The Amazon Rainforest
40. The city of love
41. Naples, Italy
43. Huit, neuf and dix
44. Cocker spaniel and poodle
45. 13 – 20 years
46. A foal
48. Kevin McCallister
49. Jacqueline Jossa
50. Tokio Myers
51. The nucleus
52. The black death
53. The greenhouse gas effect
55. Millie Bobby Brown
57. Katy Perry
59. The Atlantic Ocean
61. Albert Einstein
62. The Blue Whale
63. The Saffir-Simpson scale
64. The periodic Table
66. Washington DC
68. Rio de Janeiro
72. A seismometer
74. Bradley Walsh
76. Colin Thackery
79. Ariana Grande
84. Kinetic energy
87. The small intestine
88. Jennifer Lawrence
90. The right
92. The River Nile
93. A reptile
96. Double Helix