Calling all Harry Potter fans! Fancy testing your knowledge on the wizarding world?
With seven books and eight films to fall back on, we’ve had plenty of material to put together 100 questions on the magical world created by JK Rowling.
Online quizzes have taken off this year thanks to the coronavirus pandemic and can be a lot of fun for people of all ages, whether you are testing yourself or quizzing with family and friends.
You also might be one of the many quiz masters out there who are hunting down questions to keep their family and friends entertained during lockdown – well, don’t worry, as we have you covered.
You will find the answers below, so no scrolling down and cheating in advance.
So will you earn your place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry or will you have to settle for being a muggle?
And if you’re looking for a free complete pub quiz to run from home – try this – Ultimate virtual pub quiz to test your knowledge during lockdown
We’ve also rounded up quizzes that contain (in total) a whopping 832 quiz questions and answers on a variety of topics – for that click here.
1. In which year was Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone first published?
2. Which Twilight star also appeared as Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter films?
3. Vernon Dursley is the director of which drill-making firm?
4. What make and model of car do Harry and Ron fly through the air?
5. Which platform at Kings Cross station does the Hogwarts Express leave from?
6. Which two Hogwarts houses are the only two mentioned in the books to have won the house cup?
7. To which high school were the Dursley’s planning on sending Harry before he received his invitation letter to Hogwarts?
8. Cho Chang played seeker for which Hogwarts house?
9. Which character’s mysterious RAB initials were found on a note in the locket?
10. How many points is the Golden Snitch worth in a game of Quidditch?
11. How many horcruxes did Voldemort split his soul into?
12. What is the name of the village where Harry’s parents lived?
13. Who is Harry Potter’s godfather?
14. What is the name of Hermione’s cat?
15. Which dark wizard did Albus Dumbledore defeat in 1945?
16. How did Moaning Myrtle die?
17. What did Harry Potter give to Dobby to free him from the Malfoys?
18. What was the name of Hagrid’s three-headed dog?
19. During Harry’s first Christmas at Hogwarts, who teaches him to play Wizard Chess?
20. Name each of the horcruxes.
21. What did Ron get Harry for Christmas in their second year?
22. Which journalist specialised in writing poison-pen stories throughout the series?
23. What did Molly Weasley send to Ron for flying the magic car to school?
24. What is Severus Snape’s patronus?
25. What potion can change someone’s appearance to match someone else’s?
26. Which two actors played Albus Dumbledore in the main film franchise?
27. Where do the Dursleys live?
28. What is the name of the wand shop on Diagon Alley?
29. What is the name of the powder thrown into a burning fireplace to move around?
30. What is the name of the newspaper in the Harry Potter world?
31. What group won’t let Nearly Headless Nick join them?
32. What must you complete to enter the Ravenclaw common room?
33. When Harry and Ron take a potion to disguise themselves as two Slytherin students, who do they impersonate?
34. Who was the only ghost to teach at Hogwarts?
35. In the books, which couple have their first kiss in the Gryffindor common room?
36. What are the names of Harry’s parents?
37. In which book did we learn the Grey Lady is the ghost of Ravenclaw?
38. What is the name of the barman who works at The Leaky Cauldron?
39. What was the make and model of Harry’s first broomstick?
40. Which first year did Harry meet at Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions?
41. Where do Harry, Ron and Hermione find Ravenclaw’s Diadem?
42. Who took over as a Gryffindor beater after Fred and George left?
43. Cornelius Fudge held which high profile role in the Harry Potter world?
44. What Hogwarts class did Rubeus Hagrid teach?
45. What was Neville Longbottom’s boggart fear?
46. What did Harry and Ginny call their children?
47. What shape is the Gryffindor common room?
48. What is the name of the Harry Potter play?
49. Where is the Slytherin common room located?
50. What house was Moaning Myrtle in?
51. What form of animal does Harry’s patronus take?
52. Who is Dudley Dursley’s best friend?
53. In which book does Harry take part in the Tri-Wizard Tournament?
54. Which school does Dudley attend?
55. What is Harry’s birthday?
56. Which spell would you use to disarm an opponent?
57. What is Ron Weasley’s middle name?
58. Hermione Granger actress Emma Watson was born in Paris. True or False?
59. What is the name of Fred and George’s joke shop?
60. Who was captain of Gryffindor’s Quidditch team in Harry’s first year?
61. Which two other schools come to Hogwarts to compete in the Tri-Wizard Tournament?
62. What occupation did Hermione’s parents have?
63. What is Voldemort’s real full name?
64. What Quidditch position did Harry’s dad have when he played for Gryffindor?
65. Name all of the Weasley children.
66. What is the name of Hogwarts caretaker Argus Filch’s cat?
67. What is the name of the wizarding world’s prison?
68. What colour are Harry’s eyes in the books?
69. What was Harry’s mum’s maiden name?
70. Which country won the Quidditch World Cup during Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire?
71. Which Weasley child is the only one not to appear on screen in person in the Harry Potter films?
72. Who played Bellatrix Lestrange in the Harry Potter films?
73. What is Professor McGonagall’s first name?
74. What is the name of the Hogwarts broomstick flying instructor?
75. What kind of creature was Norbert?
76. Which one of Ron’s brothers dies in the Battle of Hogwarts?
77. Who directed the first two Harry Potter films?
78. What was the name of Neville’s toad?
79. What were the four nicknames of the friends who created the Marauder’s Map?
80. Who wrote the book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them?
81. Which actor played Rubeus Hagrid in the Harry Potter films?
82. Which subject does Neville go on to teach at Hogwarts?
83. What is the password to Dumbledore’s office in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets?
84. Name all of Harry’s Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers.
85. Who betrayed Harry’s parents to Voldemort?
86. Which actor starred as Voldemort in four films?
87. What is the name of the sweet shop in Hogsmeade village?
88. Who is the conductor on the Knight Bus?
89. Which painting guards the Gryffindor common room?
90. What does S.P.E.W. (the organisation Hermione founded) stand for?
91. Which actress portrayed Professor McGonagall in the films?
92. Who was the Half-blood Prince?
93. How many sickles are there to a galleon?
94. In which year was Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows Part II released?
95. Which actor starred as Ron Weasley?
96. Which spell would you need in order to unlock a door?
97. What does JK stand for in JK Rowling?
98. What organisation was founded to oppose Voldemort?
99. Where were the majority of external shots of Hogwarts Castle filmed at?
100. What’s the name of Harry’s owl?
2. Robert Pattinson
4. Ford Anglia 105E
5. Platform 9 and 3/4
6. Slytherin and Gryffindor
7. Stonewall High
9. Regulus Arcturus Black
12. Godric’s Hollow
13. Sirius Black
16. She came face-to-face with a basilisk
17. A dirty sock
20. Tom Riddle’s diary, Marvolo Gaunt’s Ring, Salazar Slytherin’s Locket, Helga Hufflepuff’s Cup, Rowena Ravenclaw’s Diadem, Harry Potter, Nagini the snake
21. A Flying with the Cannons book
22. Rita Skeeter
23. A Howler
24. A Doe
25. Polyjuice Potion
26. Richard Harris and Michael Gambon
27. 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey
29. Floo Powder
30. The Daily Prophet
31. The Headless Horsemen
32. A riddle
33. Goyle and Crabbe
34. Professor Binns
35. Harry and Ginny
36. Lily and James
37. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
39. Nimbus 2000
40. Draco Malfoy
41. The Room of Requirement
42. Jimmy Peakes
43. Minister of Magic
44. The Care of Magical Creatures
45. Severus Snape
46. Albus Severus, James Sirius and Lily Luna
48. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
49. The dungeons
52. Piers Polkiss
53. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
54. Smeltings Academy
55. July 31, 1980
59. Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes
60. Oliver Wood
61. Beauxbatons and Durmstrang
63. Tom Marvolo Riddle
65. Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, Percy, Bill and Charlie
66. Mrs Norris
71. Charlie (he does appear in a photo during Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban)
72. Helena Bonham Carter
74. Madam Rolanda Hooch
75. Dragon (Norwegian Ridgeback)
77. Christopher Columbus
79. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs
80. Newt Scamander
81. Robbie Coltrane
83. Sherbert Lemon
84. Professor Quirrell, Professor Lockhart, Professor Lupin, Professor Moody, Professor Umbridge and Professor Snape
85. Peter Pettigrew
86. Ralph Fiennes
88. Stan Shunpike
89. The Fat Lady
90. Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare
91. Maggie Smith
92. Severus Snape
95. Rupert Grint
97. Joanne Kathleen
98. The Order of the Phoenix
99. Alnwick Castle