A total of 22 new cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire in the latest daily update.
Four of the coronavirus cases were confirmed in the city – which has now had 1,707 confirmed cases since the virus first arrived in the UK.
The remaining 18 cases were confirmed across the rest of Staffordshire.
Four of the cases were in Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough and three in Stafford Borough.
The Staffordshire Moorlands saw one new case, bringing the total there up to 406 since the start of the pandemic.
Eight new cases were also confirmed in Cheshire East.
Confirmed coronavirus cases as of September 2:
- Stoke-on-Trent : 1,707 (up four from yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands: 406 (up one from from yesterday)
- Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough: 863 (up four from yesterday)
- Stafford Borough: 617 (up three from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 2,406 (up eight from yesterday)
- Staffordshire County (all Staffordshire authorities – including those in the south of the county – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 4,158 (up 18 from yesterday)
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust (Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital): 355
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust (Harplands Hospital): 6
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust ( Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital and more): 12
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 213
- East Cheshire NHS Trust ( Congleto n War Memorial Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital): 146