There have been another 35 coronavirus deaths in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire as the UK-wide death toll passed the 100,000 mark.
The latest figures from Public Health England show there have been another five coronavirus deaths in Stoke-on-Trent registered in the last 24 hours.
This means a total of 582 people have now died in hospital, care homes, and all other settings since the start of the pandemic in March.
In Staffordshire there have been 25 more Covid-19 deaths registered in the last day bringing the death toll to 1,888.
Over the county line in Cheshire East there have been 15 more coronavirus deaths bringing the total to 638.
Separate figures show there have been another 15 deaths at the Royal Stoke and County Hospitals meaning 1,148 patients have died within 28 days of receiving a positive coronavirus test result.
Across the United Kingdom there have been another 1,631 coronavirus deaths bringing the total to 100,162 since the start of the pandemic.
Find out the latest vaccination data on In Your Area:
Prime Minister Boris Johnson addressed the nation earlier today to pay tribute to everyone who has lost their life to coronavirus.
Speaking from Downing Street he said: “I’m sorry to have to tell you that today the number of deaths recorded from Covid in the UK has surpassed 100,000.
“It’s hard to compute the sorrow contained in that grim statistic: The years of life lost, the family gatherings not attended and for so many relatives the missed chance to even say goodbye.”
Confirmed Covid-19 deaths by area as of January 26:
- Stoke-on-Trent: 582 (up five from yesterday)
- Newcastle borough: 285 (up one from yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands : 228 (up two from yesterday)
- Stafford borough: 293 (up seven from yesterday)
- Staffordshire county (all boroughs/districts – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 1,888 (up 25 from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 638 (up 15 from yesterday)
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of January 26:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust: 1,148
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust: 12
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 49
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 400
- East Cheshire NHS Trust: 250