More than 600 people have tested positive for coronavirus in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire over the latest 24-hour period.
The latest figures from Public Health England confirmed 181 Covid-19 cases in the city, with a further 438 recorded across the rest of Staffordshire – a combined total of 619.
This takes the total number of confirmed cases in Stoke-on-Trent since the start of the pandemic to 5,903.
The overall total across the county is now 17,330 since March.
The new Staffordshire cases included 77 in Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough, 40 in the Staffordshire Moorlands and 59 in Stafford Borough.
A further 114 cases were also confirmed in neighbouring Cheshire East, bring the borough’s total up to 7,304 since the pandemic began.
Across the UK, 20,412 cases were confirmed, meaning 1,233,775 people have now tested positive for the virus.
Five more deaths were recorded across the Royal Stoke and County hospitals, with a one further death recorded at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust facilities, which include Leighton Hospital in Crewe.
Confirmed Covid-19 cases by area as of November 10:
- Staffordshire County (all Staffordshire authorities – including those in the south of the county – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 17,330 (up 438 from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 7,304 (up 114 from yesterday)
Want a free daily bulletin which includes all the latest Covid-19 news – plus breaking news alerts direct to your inbox? Then sign up to our email newsletter service by clicking here.
Want to know more before you sign up? Click here.
Decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails? No problem – you can just follow the unsubscribe link.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of November 10:
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust – Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital: 452
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust – Harplands Hospital: 6
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital and more: 16
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 230
- East Cheshire NHS Trust – Congleton War Memorial Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital: 162
The Government said a further 532 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Tuesday. The UK total now stands at 49,770.