Another 654 new Covid-19 cases were recorded in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire in the latest 24-hour period.
The latest figures from Public Health England show 110 more people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the city.
This takes the city’s total since March to 13,808.
Across the rest of Staffordshire, a further 544 new Covid cases were recorded, including 52 in Newcastle, 43 in the Moorlands and 90 in Stafford borough.
The total number of cases in the county since March is now at 39,175.
In neighbouring Cheshire East 265 new cases were recorded, taking its total for the pandemic to 13,930.
Here are the confirmed Covid-19 cases by area as of January 7:
- Stoke-on-Trent: 13,808 (up 110 from yesterday)
- Newcastle borough: 6,124 (up 52 from yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands : 3,874 (up 43 from yesterday)
- Stafford borough: 6,052 (up 90 from yesterday)
Staffordshire county (all boroughs/districts – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 39,175 (up 544 from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 13,930 (up 265 from yesterday)