Another 939 new coronavirus cases were recorded in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire in the latest 24-hour period.
The latest figures from Public Health England show 194 more people have tested positive for Covid-19 in the city.
This takes the city’s total since March to 13,698 and takes Stoke-on-Trent’s seven-day case rate to 342.9.
Across the rest of Staffordshire, a further 745 new Covid cases were recorded, including 71 in Newcastle, 61 in the Moorlands and 116 in Stafford borough.
The total number of cases in the county since March is now at 38,631 with a seven-day case rate of 422.8.
In neighbouring Cheshire East 214 new cases were recorded, taking its total for the pandemic to 13,665.
Here are the confirmed Covid-19 cases by area as of January 6:
- Stoke-on-Trent: 13,698 (up 194 from yesterday)
- Newcastle borough: 6,072 (up 71 from yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands : 3,831 (up 61 from yesterday)
- Stafford borough: 5,962 (up 116 from yesterday)
Staffordshire county (all boroughs/districts – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 38,631 (up 745 from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 13,665 (up 214 from yesterday)