Coronavirus has tightened its grip on England with a new strain of the deadly virus putting an end to Christmas plans for people living in London and the southeast of England.
Following a crunch cabinet meeting on Saturday morning, Boris Johnson announced that Tier 4 will essentially be the same November nationwide restrictions.
However, it will also mean that Christmas bubbles are banned and residents must not leave their area.
They will also be made subject to a legal stay at home order.
Thankfully, Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire has escaped these tougher restrictions and will remain in Tier 3.
This will mean that the Christmas bubble will now only take place on December 25 instead of five days.
Below are all the areas of England that are now to be placed in Tier 4:
- Surrey (excluding Waverley)
- The boroughs of Gosport, Havant, Portsmouth, Rother and Hastings
- All 32 London boroughs and the city of London.
- Bedford, Central Bedfordshire, Milton Keynes, Luton, Peterborough
- Essex (excluding Colchester, Uttlesford and Tendring).
If you’re on the lookout for local news, we have you covered with our FREE email newsletter – sign up in the box at the top of this story or click here.