There have been another 14 coronavirus deaths confirmed at North Staffordshire’s two biggest hospitals on Christmas Eve.
Latest data from Public Health England shows there have now been 840 confirmed coronavirus deaths at the University Hospitals of North Midlands (UHNM).
StokeonTrentLive has created a dedicated group on Facebook for COVID 19 (coronavirus) updates. Join for sensible, accurate and informed updates – click here.
Across the United Kingdom there have been another 574 people who have died within 28 days of receiving a positive coronvirus test result.
This means there have now been 69,625 people who have died after testing positive for Covid-19.
And there have now been 79,349 people who had coronavirus on their death certificate.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of December 24:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust: 840 (up 14 from yesterday)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust: 12 (no change from yesterday)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 38 (no change from yesterday)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 303 (no change from yesterday)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust: 199 (up one from yesterday)