Another 335 coronavirus cases were confirmed in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire as the area prepares to enter Tier 3 tomorrow.
According to latest data from Public Health England and the Department of Health and Social Care there have been 126 Covid cases in Stoke-on-Trent today (December 1).
It means there have been 9,412 infections in the city since the start of the pandemic.
In the Staffordshire County Council area there have been another 209 positive Covid-19 tests in the past 24 hours bringing the total to 25,696.
Across the border in Cheshire East there have been an additional 72 cases meaning a total of 9,034.
StokeonTrentLive has created a dedicated group on Facebook for COVID 19 (coronavirus) updates. Join for sensible, accurate and informed updates – click here.
Here are the confirmed Covid-19 cases by area as of December 1:
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of December 1:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust 626 (up 19 from yesterday)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust 10 (up one from yesterday)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust 22 (up two from yesterday)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust 266 (up six from yesterday)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust 171 (up one from yesterday)
In the entire United Kingdom there have been another 13,430 cases bringing the UK total to 1,643,086.
There have been an additional 603 deaths within 28 days of receiving a positive coronavirus case.