Firefighters say a disposable barbecue started a small fire at a South Cheshire beauty spot.
With rising temperatures and the lockdown easing announced by Boris Johnson families flocked to beauty spots around South Cheshire and North Staffordshire this weekend.
But firefighters have now revealed they were called to the Bosley Cloud, off Tunstall Road near Congleton, shortly before 10am yesterday (May 31).
If you’re on the lookout for local news, we have you covered with our FREE email newsletter – sign up in the box at the top of this story or click here.
Crews from Congleton and Macclesfield extinguished the blaze and then secured the area.
A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Firefighters were called to a small fire at the Cloud in Congleton.
“A disposable barbecue had caused grass two metres by two metres to smoulder.
“Crews put out the fire and used a shovel to cover the are with soil to prevent the affected area reigniting.”