A road was closed off following an underground cable fire yesterday evening.
Firefighters put a cordon in place after being called to Badger Avenue, Crewe, at around 7.30pm on Thursday evening.
A number of homes were left without electricity while Scottish Power carried out repairs.
Supplies were restored shortly after 3am this morning.
Homes in the following postcode areas were affected: CW13LN, CW13LW, CW13LY.
A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “At around 7.30pm firefighters were called to reports of an electrical substation fire in Badger Avenue, Crewe.
“On arrival crews discovered that the fire involved underground electrics outside an address.
If you’d like the top stories of the days sent free to your inbox, we have you covered with a daily email.
Sign up by clicking here.
Or you can type your email address into the ‘sign up to free daily alerts’ box. It’s at the top of this article.
“A cordon was set up, the road was closed and firefighters used a dry power extinguisher to put out the fire.
“Firefighters then stood by with a covering jet whilst Scottish Power employees worked on exposing electricity wires and isolating the electrics.
“A Cadent Gas worker confirmed that there was not a gas leak after inspecting a gas pipe involved in the fire.
“As a precaution, the gas supply was isolated to the property nearest to the underground electrics.
“Neighbouring properties did not need to be evacuated.
“Firefighters were in attendance for nearly two hours before handing the incident over to Scottish Power.”