Coronavirus has claimed another 10 lives across Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire over the last 24 hours.
Latest figures from Public Health England (PHE) show there have been five more deaths in Stoke-on-Trent as of 4pm today (December 21).
This means there have now been 409 people living in Stoke-on-Trent who have died within 28 days of receiving a positive coronavirus test since March.
Across Staffordshire there has also been another five coronavirus deaths in the last day.
This means there have now been 1,332 coronavirus-related deaths across the Staffordshire County Council area.
In Cheshire East there have been another three coronavirus deaths meaning a total of 489 since the start of the pandemic.
Across the United Kingdom there have been another 215 coronavirus deaths.
This means there have now been 67,616 people across the country to have died within 28 days of receiving a positive test.
In recent weeks PHE has started releasing death data for lower tier local authorities. Seperate data shows the deaths by local hospital trusts.
The latest figures show there have been another 10 coronavirus deaths at the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
The trust – which runs Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital in Stafford – has now seen 806 coronavirus deaths.
The latest coronavirus deaths as of December 21:
- Stoke-on-Trent: 409 (up five from yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands : 159 (no change from yesterday)
- Newcastle Borough: 211 (up two from yesterday)
- Stafford Borough: 196 (no change from yesterday)
- Staffordshire County (all Staffordshire authorities – including those in the south of the county – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 1,332 (up five from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 489 (up three from yesterday)
eaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of December 20:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust: 806 (up 10 from yesterday)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust: 12 (no change from yesterday)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 38 (no change from yesterday)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 301 (no change from yesterday)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust: 195 (no change from yesterday)