Coronavirus has claimed another 13 lives at North Staffordshire’s two biggest hospitals over the last 24 hours.
Latest data from Public Health England shows there have now been 870 confirmed coronavirus deaths at the University Hospitals of North Midlands (UHNM).
Across the United Kingdom there have been another 414 people who have died within 28 days of receiving a positive coronavirus test result.
This means there have now been 71,567 people who have died after testing positive for Covid-19.
And there have now been 79,351 people who had coronavirus on their death certificate.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of December 29:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust: 870 (up 13 from yesterday)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust: 12 (no change from yesterday)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 41 (no change from yesterday)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 311 (no change from yesterday)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust: 200 (no change from yesterday)