Motorists in several towns in Staffordshire are being advised to expect delays today as a 40-metre long oxygen tank continues its journey through the county.
The six-metre wide abnormal load is being transported through the county en route to Warwickshire, with the Staffordshire leg of the journey taking five days.
On Monday the medical-grade oxygen tank passed through Talke,Newcastle-under-Lyme and Trent Vale, and yesterday it travelled through Stone before finishing in the Redhill area on the outskirts of Stafford.
Today the load will be escorted through the county town and on to Rugeley before heading to Cannock (see full route for Day Three listed below).
Drivers in the area have been advised by police to expect diversions and some congestion as the oxygen tank is moved.
The full route through Staffordshire as planned:
Day One (Monday June 15):
• At roundabout, turn right onto A34 in Congleton
• Turn left onto A34 at Talke
• Continue on A34 through 4 roundabouts
• At roundabout, turn left onto A52 in Newcastle under Lyme
• At roundabout, turn right onto A527
• At roundabout, turn left onto A34. Day 1 stops at Strongford
Day Two (Tuesday June 16):
• Continue on A34 through 9 roundabouts End of Day 2 at RedHill
If you’d like the top stories of the days sent free to your inbox, we have you covered with a daily email.
Sign up by clicking here.
Or you can type your email address into the ‘sign up to free daily alerts’ box. It’s at the top of this article.
Day Three (Wednesday June 17):
• At roundabout, turn left onto A513 Beaconside
• At roundabout, turn right onto A518 Weston Rd
• At roundabout, turn left onto A34 Queensway in Stafford
• At roundabout, turn left onto A34 Lichfield Rd
• At roundabout, continue on A34 Queensville
• At mini roundabout, turn left onto A513 Weeping Cross
• At double roundabout, turn right onto A51 in Woseley Bridge
• At roundabout, turn left onto A51
• At roundabout, turn right onto B5013 Station Rd in Rugeley
• At double mini roundabout in Rugeley, continue on B5013
• At roundabout, continue straight onto A460 Hednesford Rd
• Continue on A460 through 10 roundabouts to Cannock End of Day 3 Great Wyrley
Day Four (Thursday June 18):
• At roundabout, continue straight onto A5 Watling Street
• Continue on A5 through 1 roundabout
• At roundabout, turn right onto A452 Chester Rd at Brownhills
• Continue through 1 roundabout
• At roundabout, turn left A454 Aldridge Rod
• At roundabout, turn left at Four Oaks Station onto A5127 Lichfield Road all the way back up to the A5
• At roundabout, turn right onto A5
• At roundabout, exit onto Roman Rd/Watling Street through Hints Day 4 Stops half way along Watling St
Day Five (Friday June 19):
• At roundabout, in Fazeley, turn right onto A4091