Discarded cigarette starts fire in town centre planter



A discarded cigarette started a fire in a planter in a Cheshire town centre.

Firefighters from Congleton were called to the town’s Market Street shortly before 5pm yesterday (May 28).

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Firefighters received a report of a fire involving a planter in Market Street, Congleton.

“A crew from Congleton attended and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire, which is believed to have been caused by a discarded cigarette.”

If you’re on the lookout for local news, we have you covered with our FREE email newsletter – sign up in the box at the top of this story or click here.

Firefighters are now urging smokers to make sure their cigarettes are put out before disposing of them properly rather than discarding them.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *