Family’s devastation after son, 12, dies suddenly on Christmas Day

A Cheshire family have been left devastated after their 12-year-old son collapsed and died on Christmas Day.

Cason Hallwood spent the day with his mum, Louise, and three brothers – twins Cowen and Corley, 18, and Caiden, 13 – at their home in Winsford.

After enjoying Christmas dinner at his grandparents’ house, he headed out to the park with his friends.

But just hours later Cason was having difficulty breathing and rang his mum before he collapsed.

Louise rushed to Wharton Recreation Park and gave her son, who had asthma and a nut allergy, a shot from his epinephrine auto-injector to try and revive him but when this failed she rang for an ambulance.

The Winsford Academy pupil was rushed to Leighton Hospital in Crewe but died a short time later.

Cason suffered with asthma

Now family and friends have been left devastated, reports CheshireLive.

Family friend Sam Decruz said: “It’s really sad, to lose a child is awful but on Christmas Day too, it’s heartbreaking.

“Cason was always with his mum, he loved his mum to pieces.

“He was very boisterous, always breaking things, Louise was forever having to replace stuff but he never did it intentionally.

“Christmas Day of all days he cracked the screen on his new phone his mum had got him but he was funny. He had everybody in fits of laughter, he was just a very cheeky boy.”

The StokeonTrentLive app delivers the latest news, sport and what’s on information to your mobile phone – all for free.

Designed for iPhone, iPad and Android, you can discover breaking news as it happens and you will also find a wealth of information covering entertainment, business, community, weather and lifestyle. Click on the App Store here to download the app for iOS devices, and on the Google Play store here to download the app on Android.

In previous years, Cason had spent Christmas Day in hospital due to his asthma.

Sam said: “The one year he doesn’t spend it in hospital and then its ended like this.

“As a parent myself I cannot comprehend the pain that Louise and her three other sons are feeling right now. It’s something no parent should ever have to go through.”

Doctors believe Cason suffered an anaphylactic shock but a post-mortem is yet to be carried out.

Sam has now launched a GoFundMe page to raise money for the family and for Cason’s funeral.

Sam, who also lives in Winsford, set up the page to help lift the burden of stress from the family.

Within hours of setting the page up on Boxing Day, more than £1,000 had been raised.

Did you know we offer a free email newsletter service?

Each StokeonTrentLive bulletin delivers the latest breaking news, what’s on events and the hottest talking points straight to your inbox. For more information about how – and why – to subscribe, click here.

Decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails? No problem – you can just follow the unsubscribe link.

The total is continuing to rise and so far many have reached in their pocket and donated to help – the total currently stands at more than £8,000.

Sam said: “I’m doing this from one mum to another, I would do it for anyone to take that stress and worry of money away, I’ve been in that situation myself.

“Cason was a handsome whirlwind, and no day was ever the same as the next with him.

“He was the light of his family’s life, everybody adored him.”

Anyone who would like to support the family can visit the GoFundMe page here.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *