Firefighters called after hot ash causes wheelie bin blaze



Firefighters raced to a blaze at a South Cheshire property after two wheelie bins were spotted on fire.

Both appliances from Crewe were called to John Gresty Drive in Willaston at 12.50am today (March 28).

On arrival they discovered two bins were well alight.

After extinguishing the blaze, they determined it had been started by hot ash in a wheelie bin.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Firefighters extinguished the fire with a hose reel jet.

“They then cut away insulation in the house’s roof space to check if the fire had spread to it.

“There were no signs of fire in the roof space or anywhere else in the house following a thorough inspection.

“A thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots.

Read More

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

“The wheelie bins were damped down to make them safe.

“Firefighters were in attendance for nearly an hour.

“The fire is believed to have been started accidentally, as a result of ash from the chimney being poured into a wheelie bin.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *