Firefighters called to chimney fire at South Cheshire house



Firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a South Cheshire property.

One crew from Alsager were called to Crewe Road in the town shortly after 6pm yesterday (September 6).

On arrival they found the occupants of the house had extinguished most of the fire.

No one is said to have been injured.

If you’re on the lookout for local news, we have you covered with our FREE email newsletter – sign up in the box at the top of this story or click here.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Shortly after 6pm firefighters from attended reports of a chimney fire on Crewe Road, Alsager.

“On arrival the crew found that that the occupants had extinguished the main fire but there still appeared to be a fire behind the fireplace.

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

“The crew removed the fire surround and fireplace to gain better access. They then used water to extinguish the fire at the back.

“Firefighters then used a thermal imaging camera to check for any hotspots.

“The crew were detained at the scene for around 90 minutes.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *