Firefighters called to kitchen blaze involving electric grill


Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in a South Cheshire village last night.

Two fire engines were sent to the Brooklands in Hough, near Crewe, at 8.50pm.

The blaze – which was out before fire crews arrived – was caused by food deposits building up in an electric grill’s tray.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman said:  “Shortly before 9pm firefighters were called to reports of a kitchen fire in Hough.

“Two fire engines from Crewe were deployed to the scene and on arrival they found a fire involving an electric grill which had been caused by a build up of food deposits in the tray.

If you’d like the top stories of the days sent free to your inbox, we have you covered with a daily email.

Sign up by clicking here.

Or you can type your email address into the ‘sign up to free daily alerts’ box. It’s at the top of this article.

“The fire was out on arrival, but firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to ensure the fire was fully extinguished. they also conducted an inspection of the property.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *