Firefighters called to North Staffordshire chimney blaze


Firefighters were called to a North Staffordshire chimney fire.

A crew from Newcastle was called to Lincoln Avenue, in Clayton, at around 2.10pm yesterday (March 7).

They used a chimney stop to extinguish the blaze.

After the crews left they returned throughout the day to check the chimney temperature.

A Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called at about 2.10pm yesterday (Sunday 7 March) to Lincoln Avenue to reports of a chimney fire.

“A crew from Newcastle was on the scene by 2.17pm and a chimney stop was utilised to tackle the blaze. A crew from Hanley also dropped off a positive pressure ventilation fan.

“The fire was under control by 3.25pm and the property was left in the care of the occupier.

“The Newcastle crew returned for an inspection after 6pm and a decision was made to attempt to lower the chimney’s temperature manually. They were joined by a crew from Longton with an aerial ladder platform and chimney rods were used to do so.

“The Newcastle crew then returned a second time at 11.15pm for a further inspection and the chimney’s temperature had dropped to a satisfactory level.”



Here are the top stories from the StokeonTrentLive newsletter:

Want to sign up to receive these stories straight to your inbox? It’s free and means you’ll never miss the most important Stoke-on-Trent news of the day

You can sign up for free here

Not signed up yet but want to try it out?

You can read a preview of today’s newsletter here

Love nostalgia? We have you covered….

You can also sign up to receive our new weekly The Way We Were newsletter too. Sign up for free here





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *