Firefighters confirm fatal Stoke-on-Trent house fire caused by accident



Firefighters have confirmed a fatal house fire in Stoke-on-Trent was caused by accident.

The emergency services raced to Mallorie Road in Norton at around 11.20am on December 10 following reports of a fire at a property.

On arrival crews found a woman in her 70s inside the house, but it was confirmed nothing could be done to save her life. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

A number of dogs were found at the property and were then passed into the care of the relevant authorities.

While the road was cordoned off at the time, the emergency services believed the incident was not suspicious.

They have now confirmed the blaze is thought to have been started by a discarded cigarette.

Graham Mills, head of emergency response at Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “This was a tragic accident in which sadly a woman lost her life. 

“Our thoughts remain with her friends and family at this difficult time.”

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: “We were called by the fire service at 11.17am to reports of a property fire in Mallorie Road, Norton.

“An ambulance and a paramedic officer attended. Sadly one woman was confirmed dead on scene.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *