Firefighters issue warning after Stoke-on-Trent chimenea sparks fence fire



Firefighters are warning Stoke-on-Trent families to make sure their chimeneas and barbecues are full extinguished after one caused a fence to go up in flames.

A crew from Longton attended Longdoles Avenue in Weston Coyney at around 3.45pm yesterday (May 27) to reports three fence panels had caught fire.

After extinguishing the fire crews found it was caused by a chimenea that was not fully out.

They are now warning families to remain vigilant during the sunny snap.

If you’re on the lookout for local news, we have you covered with our FREE email newsletter – sign up in the box at the top of this story or click here.

A Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called to Longdoles Avenue at around 3.45pm yesterday.

“On arrival we discovered a fence was on fire and it was due to a chimenea. It was three panels of ornate fencing and we were on the scene for around 45 minutes.

“We would always advise people to make sure their chimeneas or barbecues are fully out.

“Fortunately this time it was just the fence but it could have easily spread to a shed or a house.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *