Firefighters rescue man and dog from house after tumble dryer sets on fire


Firefighters are urging residents to check over their home appliances after a tumble dryer fire at a house in a Staffordshire town.

Crews from Cannock and Rugeley were sent to the blaze in Cannock shortly before 7.30am on Wednesday (November 25).

Two breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet were used as crews extinguished the fire. A man and his dog were also rescued by firefighters.

Fortunately, the fire did not spread and the tumble dryer was removed from the premises before the property – a two storey, semi-detached house – was ventilated.

A safety inspection was carried out and fire safety advice issued to the owner.

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

Following this incident, senior fire officers are reminding people to ensure their appliances are in good working order before use and that they’re correctly registered.

Mark Downes from Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “This incident today is one of a number of recent incidents where we’ve been called to fires involving home appliances.

“We want people to remember to ensure that they don’t leave your washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher one overnight or when you go out and ensure, that when using your tumble dryer, you regularly clean the filter and remove fluff.

It is more important now more than ever to stay informed and up-to-date with what is happening near you with a news provider that you can trust.

We have been providing that trusted service for many years, delivering factually correct and interesting local news, sport and information written by dedicated journalists living in North Staffordshire.

And now we are making you an offer to have that service delivered to your door at a huge saving – you can get your Sentinel delivered for up to 40% LESS than the cover price for the first 13 weeks, followed by 20% off thereafter.

To find out how, simply click here – and start saving!

“You can also protect yourself by registering your appliance – which takes minutes to do.

“It means that manufacturers can contact you if that product has been noted as faulty or dangerous, and advise on the next steps.

“If you are concerned about the safety of a product please stop using it immediately.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *