Paramedics treated a person following a blaze in a first floor flat in a South Cheshire town.
Firefighters were called to the fire on Gresty Road, Crewe, shortly before 2pm on Saturday (April 11).
The blaze was well alight and firefighters rescued the person from the flat.
We have no further information about the extent of the person’s injuries.
He added: “Crews attended to a fire at a flat on Gresty Road in Crewe.
“One person was rescued from the flat by firefighters and handed into the care of paramedics.
“The fire was located on the first floor and was well alight.
“Crews, wearing two breathing apparatus, tackled the flames using a hose reel and a covering jet was in place.
“All floors inside the property were checked and the fire hadn’t spread.”
The cause of the fire has not been disclosed.
The fire was one of a number of blazes firefighters from Crewe and Nantwich attended over the course of Saturday.
Shortly after 11.30am that morning a fire engine from Crewe was called to a hedge fire on Hassall Road, Winterley.
That fire, that had spread from controlled burning, was put out with a hose reel jet.
Just after 10pm firefighters were called to a fire in a garden on Blagg Avenue, Nantwich.
That fire, which was also put out using a hose reel jet, involved a leather sofa.