The grieving family of a 53-year-old man who died after contracting legionella are still waiting to find out the source of the bacteria.
Kevin Budd died on September 2 2018 after being admitted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital with diarrhea and vomiting on August 27.
Tests revealed that he had contracted legionella and his cause of death was legionella pneumonia.
North Staffordshire assistant coroner Sarah Murphy said the inquest will investigate whether the source of legionella was a ferry that Kevin had travelled on.
She said: “He was admitted to the Royal Stoke on August 27 2018 after general deterioration for the last 24 hours and diarrhea and vomiting.
“He had various tests and one test revealed legionella. He died of legionella pneumonia on September 2 2018.
“There is reason to believe the death is unnatural and an inquest will investigate whether the source of the legionella was a ferry that he had travelled on.
“The family will be given a progress update in six weeks time.”