Here are the latest cases from Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court:
BURSLEM: Forty-year-old Christopher Edwards has admitted breaching his suspended sentence order.
The defendant, of Joseph Street, Burslem, was handed an eight-month jail sentence, suspended for 18 months, on December 18 after he admitted possessing an offensive weapon.
But Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court heard Edwards failed to attend a supervision session on February 25 and a thinking skills programme two days later.
Caroline Harris, representing the probation service, said the defendant’s conduct had been concerning towards probation staff and asked for the sentence to be activated.
Stuart Muldoon, mitigating, said the defendant suffers fits and neurological problems.
He said: “He now accepts he is drinking to excess.
“He is adamant if you were to give him the opportunity he would engage quite properly with the probation service and take any assistance they would be prepared to offer him.”
Judge David Fletcher adjourned the case until October 6. He told Edwards: “You have got six weeks to prove yourself. The ball is in your court.”
NORTON: Thirty-three-year-old Andrew Jordan, of Drakeford Grove, Norton, has pleaded guilty to a charge of robbery on March 24.
He has also admitted three thefts on March 23, 25 and 26.
Jordan was remanded in custody and will be sentenced at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court.
HANLEY: Forty-two-year-old Jane Rogers, of Newshaw Walk, Hanley, has pleaded guilty to charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and having an offensive weapon in Parliament Row, Hanley, on July 25.
She was remanded in custody and will be sentenced at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court on September 10.
MEIR: Thirty-one-year-old David Walton, of Petrel Grove, Meir, has pleaded guilty to charges of inflicting grievous bodily harm between July 12 and 15 and fraud on July 14.
Walton will be sentenced at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court after a report is prepared on him by a probation officer. He was remanded in custody.
NEWCASTLE: Twenty-nine-year-old Samuel Giblin, who has admitted two charges of burglary and breaching a suspended sentence, will be sentenced at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court after reports are prepared on him by a probation officer.
Giblin, of London Road, Newcastle, was remanded in custody.
MILTON: Twenty-nine-year-old Christopher Pearce, of Cotswold Crescent, Milton, has denied a charge of assault by beating on July 20 and assault occasioning actual bodily harm the following day.
His trial will be held at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court in the week commencing February 15. Pearce was bailed.
HANLEY: Forty-seven-year-old Ashley Bull, of Matthews Walk, Hanley, has pleaded guilty to doing an act intending to pervert the course of public justice on October 24, 2019.
Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court heard he falsely alleged a woman assaulted him.
Judge David Fletcher adjourned the case for a pre-sentence report to be prepared on Bull.
His bail was extended.
STAFFORD: Pensioner Ronald Birks has denied nine sexual offences.
The 76-year-old, of Newton Road, Stafford, has denied five offences of indecent assault on a male person; rape; a serious sexual offence; and two charges of indecency with a child.
The offences are alleged to have happened in the 1990s.
His trial will be held at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court on June 7. It is expected to last about four days. Birks’ bail was extended.
EATON PARK: Forty-year-old Jayne Johnson, of Debenham Crescent, Eaton Park, has pleaded guilty to dangerous driving on a number of roads on May 17.
She also admitted failing to provide a specimen of breath for analysis on the same date.
She will be sentenced at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court after a report is prepared on her by a probation officer.
Judge Paul Glenn imposed an interim driving ban. Johnson’s bail was extended.
BURSLEM: Twenty-two-year-old Louise Warlock, from Birmingham, has denied burgling a flat at Reeves Court, Burslem, on August 25 last year.
She also denied a charge of arson being reckless as to whether life was endangered on the same date.
Her trial will be held at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court in the week commencing March 22. It is expected to last two or three days. Warlock’s bail was extended.
NORTHWOOD: Thirty-one-year-old Samuel Pearce, of Baskerville Road, Northwood, has denied two charges of being concerned in the supply of a class A drug between July 23 and 28.
His trial will be held at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court in the week commencing March 8. Pearce’s bail was extended.
TUNSTALL: Two teenagers have denied conspiracy to commit wounding with intent between September 10 and 14 last year.
Mehran Jameel, aged 19, of Furlong Road, Tunstall, and Luqman Khalid, aged 18, of Stanley Street, Tunstall, both denied the charge when they appeared at Stoke-on-Trent Crown Court.
Their trial will start on May 17 and is expected to last five days. Both defendants were bailed.