Five more cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in Stoke-on-Trent according to the latest figures.
Today’s update from Public Health England shows there are now 846 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the city.
The confirmed number of cases has also risen in surrounding areas of North Staffordshire and South Cheshire (see the list below to see the latest data for your area).
One more death with Covid-19 has been confirmed at Royal Stoke University Hospital and Stafford’s County Hospital, bringing the total up to 332.
For more details on the latest updates for your area, consult the lists below.
As always, data on recoveries is not released – but hundreds of people have been discharged from Royal Stoke after recovering from the virus since the start of the pandemic.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts (as provided by NHS England on June 19):
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust (Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital): 332 (Up from 331)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust (Harplands Hospital): 6 (No change)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital and more): 11 (No change)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 202 (Up from 201 yesterday)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust (Congleton War Memorial Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital): 129 (No change)
If you’d like the top stories of the days sent free to your inbox, we have you covered with a daily email.
Sign up by clicking here.
Or you can type your email address into the ‘sign up to free daily alerts’ box. It’s at the top of this article.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus by local area (as provided by Public Health England on June 19):
(As always the number of unconfirmed cases may be higher)
- Stoke-on-Trent: 846 (up from 841 yesterday)
- Newcastle-under-Lyme: 478 (up from 475 yesterday)
- Staffordshire Moorlands: 233 (up from 232 yesterday)
- Stafford Borough: 326 (up from 324 yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 1,329 (up from 1,325 yesterday)
Deaths with Covid-19 by area of usual residence (as of June 5 according to data released by the Office for National Statistics on Tuesday June 16, published weekly):
- Stoke-on-Trent: 176
- Newcastle-under-Lyme: 124
- Staffordshire Moorlands: 63
- Stafford Borough: 111
- Cheshire East: 471
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said 42,461 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 5pm on Thursday, up by 173 from 42,288 the day before.
The Government figures do not include all deaths involving Covid-19 across the UK, which is thought to have passed 53,000.
The DHSC also said in the 24-hour period up to 9am on Friday, 169,600 tests were carried out or dispatched, with 1,346 positive results.
Overall, a total of 7,433,114 tests have been carried out and 301,815 cases have been confirmed positive.
The figure for the number of people tested has been “temporarily paused to ensure consistent reporting” across all methods of testing.