Man assessed by paramedics after fire involving box of tissues



A man was assessed by paramedics after a house was left smoke-logged due to a fire ‘involving a box of tissues’

Emergency services were called to Acacia Drive, Sandbach, yesterday afternoon after a smoke alarm went off.

The man suffered from smoke-inhalation but did not require hospital treatment.

Firefighters believe the blaze was started accidentally due to ‘discarded smoking materials’.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said:  “Shortly before 3pm firefighters were informed of a smoke alarm sounding at a house in Acacia Drive, Sandbach.

“On arrival the crew found the house heavily smoke logged from a fire involving a box of tissues.

“Firefighters gave first aid to an occupier suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

“They also made sure that the house was safe and cleared the smoke from it using a large fan.

“The casualty was handed over to the care of paramedics. After assessing him, they decided that he did not need to go to hospital.

“Firefighters were in attendance for more than 40 minutes.

“The fire is believed to have been started accidentally via discarded smoking materials.”

The afternoon before, Monday April 13, the town’s fire engine was called to a chimney fire at a cottage on Mill Lane.

A fire service spokesman said:  “Shortly after 1.30pm firefighters received a report of a chimney fire at a two-storey cottage in Mill Lane, Sandbach.

“On arrival the crew discovered that the fire was in the chimney behind a coal burner. Firefighters extinguished the fire using a hose reel jet and chimney rods.

“They made sure that the fire had not spread beyond the chimney. Firefighters looked for hotspots and monitored temperatures using a thermal imaging camera.

“They left the cottage once they were satisfied that it was safe. Firefighters were in attendance for more than an hour-and-a-half.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *