More than 150 new cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed in Stoke-on-Trent in the latest daily update.
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the city since the pandemic started is now 5,411.
Another 551 cases of the virus were also reported across the rest of Staffordshire – bringing the overall total up to 15,917.
The new Staffordshire cases included 76 in Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough, 67 in the Staffordshire Moorlands and 76 in Stafford Borough.
Four more deaths with coronavirus have been confirmed at University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust – bringing the total since the start of the pandemic to 435.
Two more deaths with Covid-19 was also confirmed at the Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – which operates a number of hospitals in the area.
There were also 149 new cases confirmed across Cheshire East – bringing the total since the start of the pandemic to 6,971.
Confirmed Covid-19 cases by area as of November 7:
- Stafford Borough: 2,451 (up 70 from yesterday)
- Staffordshire County (all Staffordshire authorities – including those in the south of the county – excluding Stoke-on-Trent): 15,917 (up 551 from yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 6,971 (up 149 from yesterday)
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of November 7:
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust – Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital: 435
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust – Harplands Hospital): 6
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust – Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital and more: 16
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 227
- East Cheshire NHS Trust – Congleton War Memorial Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital: 162
The Government said a further 413 people had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Friday. This brings the UK total to 48,888.
The Government said that, as of 9am on Saturday, there had been a further 24,957 lab-confirmed cases of coronavirus in the UK. It brings the total number of cases in the UK to 1,171,441.