More than 950 people have sadly died in North Staffordshire’s two biggest hospitals after testing positive for coronavirus.
Latest data from Public Health England shows there have now been 958 confirmed coronavirus deaths at the University Hospitals of North Midlands (UHNM).
Across the United Kingdom another 1,162 people have died within 28 days of receiving a positive coronavirus test result.
This means there have now been 78,508 people who have died after testing positive for Covid-19.
And there have now been 82,624 people who had coronavirus on their death certificate.
StokeonTrentLive has created a dedicated group on Facebook for COVID 19 (coronavirus) updates. Join for sensible, accurate and informed updates – click here.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of January 7:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust: 958
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust: 12
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 41
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 337
- East Cheshire NHS Trust: 213