A North Staffordshire Wetherspoon pub has been caught up in a coronavirus outbreak sweeping through a village.
The Arnold Machin Wetherspoon pub, on Ironmarket, Newcastle, has been linked to the Covid-19 outbreak.
Anyone who was in the boozer on Wednesday, August 26, and Thursday, August 27, is now being urged to get a coronavirus test over the bank holiday weekend.
A similar plea is being made to drinkers who visited The Westbury Tavern, on Westbury Road, Clayton, on August 26 and August 27.
Latest data shows 16 confirmed cases are now linked to the original outbreak at a bingo night at Silverdale Working Men’s Club (WMC) on Sunday, August 16. These cases have now been linked to 12 venues in Silverdale, Newcastle and Clayton.
It comes as more than 1000 people have now been tested for Covid-19 since Friday.
Staffordshire County Council‘s director of health and care, Dr Richard Harling, said: “What we are seeing from test and trace activity is a widening network from the original bingo event as people met with friends and family and went out socialising.
“More than 1,000 people have already been tested, but we need everyone who was at any of the venues on the given dates to get tested.
“This is vital in our work to identify people who may have the virus and help contain the spread of infection even further.”
Testing continues over the bank holiday with appointments available online or by turning up at a mobile testing unit at the Old Recreation Centre, in Knutton, or a walk-through centre on Ryecroft Car Park, in Newcastle.
Anyone who visited these venues on these dates should get a coronavirus test:
- Silverdale WMC – between August 16 and 21;
- The Bush, in Silverdale – between August 20 and 22;
- The Vine, in Silverdale – between August 20 and 23;
- The George and Dragon, in Ironmarket, Newcastle – between August 20 and 22;
- Newcastle (King Street) Working Men’s Club – on August 22;
- The Kiln, in Newcastle – on August 22;
- The Crown Inn, in Silverdale – on August 22;
- Yates, in Ironmarket, Newcastle – on August 22;
- The Roebuck, in Silverdale – on August 23;
- The Bilash restaurant, in Keele Road, Newcastle – on August 24;
- The Arnold Machin, in Ironmarket, Newcastle – on August 26 and 27;
- The Westbury Tavern, in Clayton, August 26 and 27.