Drivers are being warned of a number of roadworks and road closures taking place in September across South Cheshire.
Many roads are expected to return normal traffic levels this month as children head back to school and more and more employees return to their offices.
But there are a number of resurfacing works and repairs, among other roadworks and closures, motorists need to aware of, report CheshireLive.
While every effort has been made to include all major roadworks and closures on the below list, some may be missing.
If you recognise a road closure or are aware of roadworks in place on a road we have not mentioned then please comment below or get in touch on Facebook.
Crewe & Nantwich
- A530 Middlewich Road – Crewe – road closed here in both directions due to bridge maintenance work between A532 (Marshfield Bank roundabout) and Pyms Lane – until October 23
- Pyms Lane – Leighton – a speed restriction is in force here of 20mph due to roadworks between Badger Avenue and A530 Middlewich Road – from 6am June 26 to November 30
- Minshull New Road – Leighton – a speed restriction is in force here of 20mph due to roadworks on Minshull New Road in both directions between B5076 Bradfield Road and Badger Avenue – from 6am to November 30
- Badger Avenue – Crewe – there is a speed restriction of 20mph here due to roadworks on Badger Avenue in both directions from Underwood Lane to Minshull New Road – in force from 6am on June 26 until November 30 – there is also a weight restriction of 7.5 tonnes
- Delamere Street – Crewe – roadworks on behalf of the council for the demolition of a building – road will be closed here until October 2
- Gresty Road – Crewe – major road improvement works here until April 30 2021
- Artle Road – Crewe – major works are being conducted here on behalf of Cadent Gas Network – traffic control will be in operation until September 19
- Park Road – Willaston – Cadent are carrying out gas works here until September 16, traffic control will be present
- Murrayfield Drive – Willaston – Cadent are carrying out gas works here until September 18, traffic control will be present
- Princess Drive – Willaston – Cadent are carrying out gas works here until September 4, traffic control will be present
- Shelburne Drive – Haslington – the road is closed here until September 25 to allow United Utilities to conduct works
- Waterlode – Nantwich – Cheshire East Council are carrying out highway improvement works here until April 2021
- St Marys Road – Nantwich – Cadent Gas are carrying out works here until September 21
- Wallfields Road – Nantwich – Cadent Gas are carrying out works here until September 4
- Manor Road – Nantwich – Cadent Gas are carrying out works here until September 13
- Welshmans Lane – Nantwich – road closed here and diversion in place for ongoing highway maintenance works until September 4
- A530 Middlewich Road – Woolstanwood – the road is closed in both directions due to bridge maintenance work between A532 (Marshfield Bank roundabout) and Pyms Lane – from June 1 – October 23
- B5074 Swanlow Lane – Church Minshull – temporary traffic lights here for roadworks between Paradise Lane and New Lane – expected to be cleared by September 30
- Lodge Lane – Hatherton – Lodge Lane in both directions closed due to resurfacing work between B5071 Crewe Road and Hunsterson Road -from 6am on September 1 – 4
- Stanley Court – Alsager – United Utilities are carrying out works here until September 1
- Poplar Drive – Alsager – Virgin Media conducting works from junction with Birch Avenue to junction with Sycamore Avenue on Poplar Drive on both sides – traffic control in place – until September 1
- Padgbury Lane – Astbury – Padgbury Lane in both directions closed due to roadworks between the Heath Farm Pub and the Church – until September 4
- Sandy Lane – Somerford Booths – Sandy Lane closed due to roadworks from A54 Holmes Chapel Road (Somerford Booths) to A534 Sandbach Road (Brownlow) – until September 25
- A54 Holmes Chapel Road – Somerford Booths – road closed in both directions due to roadworks during the night between Chelford Road (Somerford Booths) and Moss Lane ( Brereton Heath) between 7pm and 6am Mondays to Sundays from 7pm on August 21 to 6am on December 11
- Brownlow Health Lane – Brownlow – Brownlow Heath Lane in both directions closed due to roadworks between Childs Lane and Brook Lane – between 9.30am and 3.30pm Mondays to Sundays from 9.30am on August 10 to 3.30pm on September 18
- Wallhill Lane – Brownlow – Wallhill Lane in both directions closed due to roadworks between Childs Lane and A534 – between 9.30am and 3.30pm Mondays to Sundays from 9.30am on August 10 to 3.30pm on September 18
- A536 Macclesfield Road – Eaton – Temporary traffic lights and junction improvements on A536 Macclesfield Road near the New Junction Works – until October 16
- A536 Macclesfield Road – Lower Heath – there is a speed restriction here of 30mph due to roadworks in both directions between A34 and Moss Lane – until March 16 2021
- Belmont Avenue – Sandbach – Cadent Gas are conducting works here until October 6 – delays are possible
- Grange Way – Sandbach – Cadent Gas are conducting works here until September 18 – delays are possible
- Radnor Close – Sandbach – Cadent Gas are conducting works here until September 7 – delays are possible
- M6 – Cheshire – Narrow lanes and speed restriction of 50 mph due to junction improvements on M6 in both directions around J19 A556 (Knutsford) – a new road linking the M6 and A556 is being constructed – until March 2021
- A556 – Knutsford – Major roadworks and restrictions on A556 at M6 J19 (Knutsford) – on the roundabout – works around the roundabout have begun to improve the roundabout constructing a new link road through the roundabout linking the M6 and A556 – there will also be overnight closures of the A556 – until September 26
- Budworth Road – Knutsford – temporary traffic lights and roadworks on Budworth Road around Heyrose Golf Club – until September 2
- London Road North – Poynton – roadworks here until April 30 2021