Stoke City confirm precautionary training decision ‘until further notice’



Stoke City players have been told to train away from Clayton Wood until further notice as the club tries to handle the coronavirus crisis.

First team and Academy players are to be given individual programmes to continue at home after making a firm decision today.

Michael O’Neill ‘s squad had been due back in today – with play at the moment suspended until at least April 3 – but a new stance has been taken in the wake of the latest government guidance.

A club statement released this afternoon says: “Stoke City are continuing to review the coronavirus situation on a day-by-day basis.

“In light of the latest governmental guidance, the club has taken the precautionary decision that all first team and academy players will now train away from Club facilities until further notice.

“The players will be given individual training programmes.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *