Stoke-on-Trent nurse found dead in shower ‘may have been electrocuted’



A nurse whose death is being treated as ‘unexplained’ by police ‘may have been electrocuted’.

The body of Suzanne Baskerville was discovered in the shower by her mum at her Cheadle home. The hallway was also flooded.

The 57-year-old – who worked at Trentham House Care Home, in Trentham – was pronounced dead by paramedics after they were called to the Prince George Street property on April 21.

Now an inquest has been opened into Suzanne’s death.

North Staffordshire assistant coroner Sarah Murphy said: “She spoke to her mum before going to the bathroom. She locked the door and stayed in for some time.

“At 10pm her mum knocked and got no answer and went to bed. When she woke up she found the hallway flooded.

Read More

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

Read More

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

“She got assistance to get in the bathroom and Miss Baskerville was found in the shower collapsed with water running.

“An ambulance was called, but very sadly she was deceased. We have reason to suspect, at this stage, that the deceased may have been electrocuted.

“There is therefore reason to suspect that the death was unnatural. The family will be given a progress update in six weeks time and the body of Miss Baskerville has been released for funeral purposes. The inquest is now open.”

Suzanne had worked at the Chivelstone Grove care home since November.

Anyone with any information about her death should call the police on 101.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *