Tributes have poured in for a 12-year-old boy who died suddenly on Christmas Day.
Cason Hallwood passed away just hours after enjoying Christmas dinner with his family, in Winsford, Cheshire.
The youngster was at the park with friends when he said he couldn’t breathe.
Mum Louise rushed to Wharton Recreation Park and gave her son, who had asthma and a nut allergy, a shot from his epinephrine auto-injector to try and revive him but when this failed she rang for an ambulance
Cason was rushed to Leighton Hospital in Crewe but sadly a short time later.
Now tributes have been pouring in for Cason, who leaves behind mum, Louise, and three brothers – twins Cowen and Corley, 18, and Caiden, 13, reports CheshireLive.
Stuart Bailey described Cason as a ‘charming young man.’
He said: “My son Chris was best mates with him, I met the lad a few times and honestly thought what a charming young man he was.”
Julie Marie Nicholson also said Cason and Chris were really close.
She said: “Chris and Cason were a pair together, always laughing. I had them all for tea once, he was so polite and friendly, I’m sure Chris and the rest of the crazy gang will miss him dearly.”
Others said how popular and loved Cason was.
Sue Jinks said: “My grandson Leon was very close to Cason, the group of friends are trying to deal with it in the best way possible.
“My heart felt condolences are sent to Louise and her sons. RIP Cason, you were truly loved by everyone.”
Sam Decruz, a friend of the Hallwood family, set up a GoFundMe page to raise money for the family and for Cason’s funeral.
The StokeonTrentLive app delivers the latest news, sport and what’s on information to your mobile phone – all for free.
Designed for iPhone, iPad and Android, you can discover breaking news as it happens and you will also find a wealth of information covering entertainment, business, community, weather and lifestyle. Click on the App Store here to download the app for iOS devices, and on the Google Play store here to download the app on Android.
The page has generated hundreds of donations and has raised more than £13,000.
Sam said: “I’m doing this from one mum to another, I would do it for anyone to take that stress and worry of money away, I’ve been in that situation myself.
“Cason was a handsome whirlwind, and no day was ever the same as the next with him. He was the light of his family’s life, everybody adored him.
“We are overwhelmed with everyone’s generosity.”
Doctors believe Cason suffered an anaphylactic shock but a post-mortem is yet to be carried out.
Becky Jones said: “My heart goes out to the family, worst pain ever to lose a child, I’ve lost a nine-year-old boy myself and I know the pain their going through, big hugs to the family.”
Did you know we offer a free email newsletter service?
Each StokeonTrentLive bulletin delivers the latest breaking news, what’s on events and the hottest talking points straight to your inbox. For more information about how – and why – to subscribe, click here.
Decide later that you no longer wish to receive the emails? No problem – you can just follow the unsubscribe link.
Marjorie Derbyshire said: “So terribly sad. Christmas will never be the same.”
Barbara Brunt said: “Thoughts and prayers are with the family at this very sad time.
“You look a remarkable and handsome young man. In heaven you’ll shine brightly.”
Anyone who would like to support the family can visit the GoFundMe page here.