Two more deaths with Covid-19 have been confirmed at a local NHS Hospital Trust – according to today’s update.
The University Hospitals of North Midlands, which operates Royal Stoke University Hospital and Stafford’s County Hospital, as now recorded 331 deaths with coronavirus since the start of the pandemic.
No more deaths have been confirmed at other hospitals trusts in North Staffordshire and South Cheshire according to the latest NHS England update (see the full list below).
Only one new case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Stoke-on-Trent in the latest Public Health England.
One new case was confirmed in Stafford Borough and eight in Cheshire East. No new cases were confirmed in either the Staffordshire Moorlands or Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough.
For more details on the latest updates for your area, consult the lists below.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts (as provided by NHS England on June 18):
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust (Royal Stoke University Hospital and County Hospital): 331 (Up from 329)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust (Harplands Hospital): 6 (No change)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (Haywood Hospital, Leek Moorlands Hospital, Bradwell Hospital, Cheadle Hospital and more): 11 (No change)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (Including Leighton Hospital in Crewe): 201 (No change)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust (Congleton War Memorial Hospital and Macclesfield District General Hospital): 129 (No change)
If you’d like the top stories of the days sent free to your inbox, we have you covered with a daily email.
Sign up by clicking here.
Or you can type your email address into the ‘sign up to free daily alerts’ box. It’s at the top of this article.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus by local area (as provided by Public Health England on June 18):
(As always the number of unconfirmed cases may be higher)
- Stoke-on-Trent: 841 (up from 840 yesterday)
- Newcastle-under-Lyme: 475 (no change)
- Staffordshire Moorlands: 232 (no change)
- Stafford Borough: 324 (up from 323 yesterday)
- Cheshire East: 1,325 (up from 1,317 yesterday)
Deaths with Covid-19 by area of usual residence (as of June 5 according to data released by the Office for National Statistics on Tuesday June 16, published weekly):
- Stoke-on-Trent: 176
- Newcastle-under-Lyme: 124
- Staffordshire Moorlands: 63
- Stafford Borough: 111
- Cheshire East: 471
The Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) said 42,288 people had died in hospitals, care homes and the wider community after testing positive for coronavirus in the UK as of 5pm on Wednesday, up by 135 from 42,153 the day before.
The Government figures do not include all deaths involving Covid-19 across the UK, which is thought to have passed 53,000.
The DHSC also said in the 24-hour period up to 9am on Thursday, 136,516 tests were carried out or dispatched, with 1,218 positive results.
Overall, a total of 7,7,259,555 tests have been carried out and 300,469 cases have been confirmed positive.
The figure for the number of people tested has been “temporarily paused to ensure consistent reporting” across all methods of testing.