Two taken to hospital after home fills with carbon monoxide



Two householders have been taken to hospital after their home filled with carbon monoxide.

Firefighters were called to an address in Church Lawton this evening after an alarm activated.

Paramedics treated two people at the scene before they were transferred to the Royal Stoke University Hospital.

An investigation revealed that the carbon monoxide had been caused by a blocked chimney.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “At 7.37pm we were mobilised to a carbon monoxide incident which was caused by a blocked chimney at an address in Church Lawton.

“We detected high levels of CO using our gas detector. Two occupiers were taken to hospital after a lucky escape thanks to their alarm.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *