There have been another nine coronavirus deaths confirmed at North Staffordshire’s two biggest hospitals as the region is to enter into Tier 4.
Latest data from Public Health England shows there have now been 879 confirmed coronavirus deaths at the University Hospitals of North Midlands (UHNM).
Across the United Kingdom a staggering 981 people have died within 28 days of receiving a positive coronavirus test result.
This means there have now been 72,548 people who have died after testing positive for Covid-19.
And there have now been 82,624 people who had coronavirus on their death certificate.
Deaths with Covid-19 at local hospital trusts as of December 30:
- University Hospitals Of North Midlands NHS Trust: 879 (up nine from yesterday)
- North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust: 12 (no change from yesterday)
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust: 41 (no change from yesterday)
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust: 311 (no change from yesterday)
- East Cheshire NHS Trust: 200 (no change from yesterday)