The country may be on lockdown for another three weeks – but that doesn’t mean you can’t try new things.
Although there are restrictions on travelling – and we won’t be globetrotting anytime soon – apps like Airbnb have made it easier and more affordable to travel the world now more than ever.
As well as offering accommodation, it now offers Experiences – guided tours, classes and excursions led by locals.
So now you can do many of them from your own home as Airbnb launches Online Experiences – bringing the world into your living room during the lockdown, reports the Manchester Evening News.
Here are a few of the experiences you can book now:
- Meditation with a Buddhist monk in Japan (from £8 per person, one hour)
- Meet the dogs of Chernobyl in Ukraine (from £41 per person, one hour)
- Make pasta with an Italian cook in Florence – complete with an opera performance (from £14 per person, two hours)
- Session with a tarot reader in Texas, USA (from £33 per person, two hours)
- Burlesque class with a performer in Los Angeles, USA (from £9 per person, an hour and a half)
- Introduction to Flamenco with a Spanish dancer in Seville (from £9 per person, one hours)
- Cooking with a Moroccan family in Marrakesh (from £11 per person, one and a half hours)
Announcing the news, Airbnb said: “Airbnb Experiences hosts love sharing their interests and passions, but they’ve been home just like us.
Over the past few weeks, they’ve offered ideas for how to continue hosting online – even while we’re apart.
“They’ve adapted recipes based on what’s in their pantries, turned living rooms into yoga studios, and choreographed dances for families at home.”
You can find and book Online Experiences via the Airbnb app or website.