Distraught dog owner’s warning as Bella dies after visit to park



Distraught Joanne Howe has issued a warning to pet owners after her beloved dog died after visiting a park.

The 48-year-old took her seven-year-old Bordeaux mastiff, Bella, for a lunch-time stroll in Cheshire on Saturday (July 31).

But when they returned home Bella was vomiting and her stomach had swollen up.

Top story: Man, 18, ‘critical’ after being stabbed by gang in Burslem Park

And sadly she died the following day.

Speaking to CheshireLive Joanne said: “I’m distraught. There was nothing up with her before we went.

“I took her to Whitby Park because it’s opposite my house, she’s a good dog so she was off the leash, then the very next day she was feeling sick and then she took her last breath.”

Bella was a rescue dog and had been with Joanne for a year.

She thinks Bella may have eaten something when Joanne was not looking at Whitby Park, in Ellesmere Port.

Now she is warning other dog owners to remain vigilant when out and about with their pets.

Joanne said: “I don’t know what it was.

“It was just sudden. I rang the vets and they said we could take her to them but we couldn’t move her because of the condition she was in.

“Her belly was bloated, it could have been something she ate.

“I’d warn people to be careful – keep them on their leash and to keep them close by.”

Sign up to the StokeonTrentLive newsletter for all the latest news by clicking here.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *