‘Fly high bro’ – Family tribute to Shaun, 39, who died after Pets at Home injury


Tributes have been paid to a Pets at Home employee who was fatally injured at work.

Shaun Potter’s friends, family and colleagues say they are ‘devastated’ following his sudden death.

Emergency services had been called to the retailer’s warehouse in Campbell Road, Stoke, following reports the 39-year-old was ‘trapped in a piece of machinery’ on October 4.

For the latest news

Firefighters worked to free Shaun, from Tunstall, who was then airlifted to the Royal Stoke University Hospital where he later died.

Now his loved-ones have shared their memories of Shaun.

And his colleagues have also launched a GoFundMe page to raise money for his family.

Shaun’s sister Louise Marie said: “Rip Shaun bro, we will all miss you. This should never have happened to you. You will forever be in our hearts and your girlfriend’s and your daughters.

“You had so much to live for and we are absolutely devastated that you are gone. You will always be my big brother.

“Love you always bro. I will see you up there soon.”

Shaun’s brother Wayne Potter added: “Fly high brother, one day we will fly again together.”

StokeonTrentLive readers have also shared their cherished memories of Shaun.

Adrian Gomm said: “So sad to hear this horrendous news. I enjoyed your company whilst we had a game of pool. Deepest condolences to your family.”

Michael Ottaway said: “RIP Shaun, such sad news. We had many talks about football. You will be sadly missed by us all at Pets at Home. My thoughts with all your family.”



Police and ambulance crews at the Pets At Home warehouse on Campbell Road in Stoke

Sheila Lightfoot said: “RIP so sad, our prayers are with his family , at this time life is so cruel some times, fly high Shaun, gone but never forgotten, God bless.”

The GoFundMe page has so far reached £320 towards a £500 target.

Colleague Chloe Parker, who has started the page, said: “I worked with Shaun and I know me, as well as his colleagues are all absolutely devastated.

“With permission from Shaun’s brother, I have made a page for anything the family need at his incredibly hard time. If people could please share and donate if they can, it would be appreciated very very much.”

The Health and Safety Executive have been informed of the death and an investigation is ongoing.

To donate to the GoFundMe page click here.

Sign up to the StokeonTrentLive newsletter for all the latest news by clicking here.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *