Hanley house fire caused by faulty mobile phone charger



A fire that ripped through an end-of-terrace home was sparked by a faulty mobile phone charger.

Crews were sent to Prime Street in Hanley after concerned residents spotted smoke.

A cordon was then set up as firefighters tackled the flames.

An investigation has now revealed that the fire started in the first floor of the property after a mobile phone charger over heated.

Two engines remained at the scene as of 2.30pm this afternoon (June 12).

It has been confirmed that no-one was injured, although the property has suffered ‘extensive damage’.

A Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “We were called at 12.24pm to a house fire in Prime Street. Two fire crews – one from Hanley and one from Longton – attended. They then requested a third appliance from Burslem.

“A fire had started in the first floor of an end-of-terrace house which was well alight on arrival.

“It is believed to have been caused by a faulty mobile phone charger.

“An ambulance did attend as a precaution to check someone over but thankfully no-one was hurt.”

Top stories from today’s newsletter

Not signed up to the newsletter? Try it outhere

Sign up now to receive it for freehere





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *