Man taken to hospital with burns after fire breaks out in living room



A man has been taken to hospital after a fire broke out in his South Cheshire living room.

Firefighters from Crewe were called to Albert Street, in the town, shortly after 8am today (February 24).

Crews remain at the scene and are searching to find what started the blaze.

Initial investigations believe it began in the downstairs living room.

A Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “At around 8.20am firefighters were called following reports of a fire at a house in Albert Street.

“On arrival crews found that the fire had begun in the downstairs living room.

“One man has been rescued from the property and was taken to hospital for treatment to burns.

Read More

Top stories on StokeonTrentLive

“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are using two hose reel jets and one covering jet to extinguish the flames.

“A cordon is now in place and electric supply to the property has been isolated.

“Crews are currently carrying out further searches of the property.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *