Stoke City transfers: Liverpool target emerges as defender linked with £12m exit


Stoke City defender Nathan Collins is said to be the subject of a new £12m bid from long-term admirers Burnley.

The Clarets were said to have the 20-year-old on their radar in January, amid talk of a £7m offer.

And they have reportedly returned again, with more cash on the table, in a bid to prise him away from the Potters.

According to The Sun, Burnley are hopeful of clinching a deal, with the latest bid “set to be accepted” by Stoke.

Collins signed a five-year contract in 2019, and earlier this year it was made clear the Potters would not be letting go of one of their prized assets unless someone dug deep into their pockets.

Read more here


Video Loading

Video Unavailable

Stoke City have been linked with Liverpool striker Taiwo Awoniyi this summer amid reports the Reds may offload the striker as part of a £60m clearout.

Awoniyi joined the Reds from Imperial Academy six years ago but has yet to make a first-team appearance and has spent the majority of his Liverpool career out on loan.

It is claimed that Awoniyi has now been given a UK work permit and is now tipped to be part of a £60m clearout at Anfield as the Reds look to bolster Jurgen Klopp’s warchest.

Stoke, West Brom and Fulham have all registered an interest in the 23-year-old who has two years remaining on his contract.

Awoniyi spent last season on loan at Bundesliga side Union Berlin where he scored five goals and registered four assists during his time in Germany.

He has been deployed on both flanks primarily but is actually a centre-forward by trade.

The Athletic says the striker could be sold this summer with Stoke looking to beef up their attacking options as Michael O’Neill looks to build a side capable of building a side to push for promotion to the Premier League.

But there could be a significant sticking point in terms of the transfer fee with the Reds valuing the forward at around £8m.

Jephcott commits to Plymouth

Stoke City-linked striker Luke Jephcott has put pen to paper on a new deal with Plymouth Argyle.

The Potters were said to be keen on the 21-year-old during the January transfer window earlier this year.

Championship ivals Derby County, Nottingham Forest and Sheffield Wednesday were also credited with an interest, while Pilgrims boss Ryan Lowe admitted there had been “a few inquiries”.

Jephcott was said to have had £5m price tag as the summer approached and speculation continued to swirl, amid an 18-goal haul in 46 appearances in all competitions.

But Argyle have moved to fend off any would-be suitors, and Jephcott has committed his future to the club.

The Wales Under-21 international has signed a two-year contract which will keep him at Home Park until 2023.

“I’m over the moon to have signed a new deal,” he told the club website. “We’ve had a couple of conversations towards the end of last season and it’s gone very smoothly.

“I am very happy to be here for another couple of years.”

Boss Lowe added: “I’m very pleased that Luke has agreed to sign an extension with us. He’s a talented youngster – a product of our Academy – and an asset for Argyle.”

Where do you think Stoke City need to strengthen? Let us know in the comments below.





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *